Friday 7 August 2015

Day 9 - Mont Louis to Santpedor

80 miles knocked off.

I'm sure that's nonsense and we didn't do anything like 80 miles. I'm also sure we didn't run it, although my legs feel like we might have. It's 37 degrees here, okay it's 11pm now, so it's more like 32 degrees, I don't really know what to believe any more.

It was a nasty, sweaty, gripey, grumbly, dirty day. I haven't even got the energy to make the cheap bowel joke that I intended to when I started that sentence.

We started up a mountain. It was hot. We came partly down a mountain, it was still hot. We got lost, laughed at by locals when we told them our route, so took the fancy tunnel in the car for 9km instead. Then we cycled further down the mountain, in the heat.

We finally got to the hotel and decided to drive to the next town to have the pizza we've been craving for the last 8 days. We ended up sitting inside a takeaway eating badly translated (but amazing) pizza whilst nursing a pint and a half. Now I've just spent an hour booking a hotel for tomorrow night. Everyone else is asleep, some of them are snoring. You're all doing proper Friday night things, so I'm not writing any more. Enjoy your drinks.

Next stop Barcelona.

PS: Papa's friend the waiter from last night was there waiting for us at breakfast. He'd even saved us the same table we had yesterday. It must be love.

No comments:

Post a Comment